Thursday, June 12, 2008

Exploreing Laputa - The Sky City


Happened across the Treasured Isle area today and while looking about in my airship found the sky city of Laputa. This may sound familiar to you and if so its because in the book Gulliver's Travels Laputa is island that can be moved by its inhabitants using magnetic levitation. In the book the population of Lapunta consists mainly of educated people who are fond of math, astronomical notation and technology. Sounds rather Steampunkish don't you think?

Being a sky city, Laputa is perfect for a fly in on a airship. Once docked I began my exploration
of the sky island. My My first stop was the library a very impressive building where I was informed they often have book readings. Very worth landmarking.

While strolling the streets I cam across a one Mr. Soosh Benoir. A very kind gentleman who was kind enough to give me a tour of his airship, time machine factory which doubles as his home.
The main feature of Mr Benoir's factory was the impressive tower.

After touring his home and work site Mr. Benoir gave me a quick tour of the rest of the island. Complete with balloon tour. The clock tower. Observation deck complete with telescope and a drink at the Ten Bells pub.

A very interesting afternoon indeed.










No comments: