Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Blue Max



Made in 1965 and staring George Prepard, James Mason and Ursula Andress. Prepard a corporal in the German infantry leaves the trenches to become a pilot. Setting his sights on shooting down 20 planes, enough to win the Blue Max.

This was on late night cable about a month ago and Second Life has completely thrown off my internal clock on the weekends so I found myself sitting up watching till the end. As far as movies go, its not bad. I mean I stayed up till 3 a.m. watching it after all. You can actually see termites jumping from George Prepard at times he's so wooden but the flying scenes more than make up for any short comings. This was 1965 so no bluescreen here. Just WWI planes pushed fairly hard, and looking and sounding great doing so.

I dug around on the web and it was listed on Hulu. But said it was unavailable. Might be worth a look to see if you have better luck.

No comments: